Additional info n ERPAG is section on a product level where you can record more information about the products itself.
In this section you will find the columns:
- *Country of origin
2. *Harmonized Tariff
8.*UOM (Unit of measure)
Additional information – first section
- country of origin – it represents the country/ countries of manufacture, production, design, or brand origin where the product comes from.
- Harmonized Tariff – can be used to classify and define internationally traded goods.
- Duty rates – are a percentages determined by the total value of the goods paid for in another country.
- In Manual column you will be able to record some kind of instruction .
e.g. 5 months warranty, 10 months warranty period, etc.
- Expiry date – in this field you can record the previously determined date after which the product will be no longer used (to be valid or in effect)
Additional Info – second section
- Section Net weight can play important role since it refers to the weight of the raw product and doesn’t include the weight of the product packaging.
- Gross weight indicates the total weight of a product and its packaging.
- UOM or Unit of Measure represents a standard unit or a system of units by means of which the item quantity is measured, e.g. pcs -pieces, h- hours, kg- kilograms, m- meters, m2- square meters, etc.
In this column you will be able to select grams, kilograms, tonne (metric tone), ounce and a pound.
- Volume –The Volume field shows the amount of space that a product occupies and this information is important for transportation and packaging.
- Dimensions – The Dimensions field shows the measurement and in this column you can specify the dimensions such as the height, length, or width of the product.
This information is important for transportation and packaging.
Column Volume doesn’t have any specific/ important role in the system, it is simply an informative field.
It is more important to enter Net weight and Gross weight, in case you need those information to recalculate the total value of products weight on a Sales Order and on the Purchase Order.
At the end of the story you should know that these fields are not obligatory, they are simply developed if you wish to record more information about your product.